Last updated: 18th October 2019
Affordable Homes Guarantee Scheme
- Information about us
- Collection of information about you
- How we use your information
- Legal basis for processing your information
- Sharing of information
- International transfers of data
- Retention of personal information
- Direct marketing and unsubscribing from marketing
- Rights in relation to your information
- Security of personal information
- Contact us
Information about us
Collection of information about you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by corresponding with us, for example, by phone, e-mail or otherwise. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number.
- Technical information when you visit our website, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, geographical location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
How we use your information
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes; and
- to improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Legal basis for processing your information
We rely on one or more of the following processing conditions in order to process your personal information:
- to perform our obligations under any contracts that have been agreed with you; or
- our legitimate interests in the effective delivery of information and services to you and in the effective and lawful operation of our businesses (provided these do not interfere with your rights);
- to satisfy any legal and regulatory obligations to which we are subject;
- where no other condition for processing is available, if you have agreed to us processing your personal information for the relevant purpose.
Your personal information may be transferred to third party service providers who process information on our behalf, including providers of information technology, identity management, website hosting and management, data analysis, data back-up, security and storage services. The third party providers may use their own third party subcontractors that have access to personal data.
We may disclose your personal information to law enforcement, regulatory, or other government agencies or to other third parties as required by, and in accordance with, applicable law or regulation. We also exchange information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiary undertakings, our parent undertaking and its subsidiary undertakings, as defined in section 1162 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
We may transfer your personal data to countries or territories outside the European Economic Area (the EEA). Transfers outside the EEA will be only:
- to a recipient located in a country which provides an adequate level of protection for your personal information; and/or
- under an agreement or mechanism which satisfies EU requirements for the transfer of personal data to data processors or data controllers outside the EEA, such as standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission or the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework in relation to transfers of personal data from the EEA to the USA.
Retention of personal information
We will retain your personal information only for as it is required for the purposes for which it was collected, or as required to do so by law.
Direct marketing and unsubscribing from marketing
Where we are legally required to obtain your consent to provide you with marketing materials, we will only provide you with such marketing materials if you have provided consent for us to do so.
If you want to unsubscribe from mailing lists or any marketing, you should look for and follow the instructions we have provided in the relevant communications to you.
If you do not wish to receive emails or marketing communications from us, you can at any time contact us to request that such communications cease. If you choose to unsubscribe from any or all mailings, we may retain information sufficient to identify you so that we can honour your request.
Rights in relation to your information
You may have certain rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you. In particular, you may have a right to:
- request a copy of personal information we hold about you;
- ask that we update the personal information we hold about you, or correct such personal information that you think is incorrect or incomplete;
- ask that we delete personal information that we hold about you, or restrict the way in which we use such personal information;
- object to our processing of your personal information;
- withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal information (to the extent such processing is based on consent and consent is the only permissible basis for processing); and/or
- request portability of your personal information.
Security of personal information
We have implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security in order to protect personal information from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction.
Although we use appropriate security measures once we have received your personal data, the transmission of data over the Internet (including by e-mail) is never completely secure. We endeavour to protect personal data, but we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to or by us.
Post: FAO: Marketing Department
Affordable Housing Finance Plc
3rd Floor, 17 St. Swithin’s Lane, London EC4N 8AL
You may also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK’s data protection regulator, the Information Commissioner’s Office. For further information on your rights and how to complain to the ICO please refer to the ICO website: https://ico.org.uk/.